Friday, August 7, 2015

Recipes l Banana And Oat Bites

I'm on a bit of a finger food buzz at the moment. Billy has suddenly become this independent little person who is much happier feeding himself. I've always been interested in Baby Led Weaning, but we decided to do some spoon feeding as well. Now that he's almost 11 months old (sorry, WHAT?) I'm finding that we are using finger foods more often now. There are so many benefits to doing this. Not only is Billy building dexterity and fine motor skills, but I can pack the dishwasher while he's eating his lunch beside me. 

Another thing about finger foods are that they give you a bit more freedom when you are out and about. If you have some snacks in your handbag you are more likely to meet a friend for coffee, stay a half an hour longer than expected, or better deal with a bus delay, traffic jam or cranky baby. I'm all about routine, but some days Billy gets hungry at random times. It could be that he has a particularly short nap and is actually awake longer in the day, or it could be that he is teething and didn't eat all of his breakfast and by default ends up hungrier before his usual meal times. 


For these reasons I am always looking for handy recipes to make finger foods that I can take with me anywhere. I've become really fond of breakfast time when it's via finger foods for Billy. I can make myself a cup of coffee, stick on a wash, or have some breakfast myself while he's happily munching away beside me. 

I came across these little beauties during the week. I follow the Hannah Maggs blog as well as her family vlog. In one of her vlogs she made these little Banana and Oat Bites and I knew that Billy would love them. They looked super easy to make, I had all the ingredients already, and so I decided to give them a try for Billy's breakfast this morning. 

I've had high hopes for a few similar recipes recently and one or two of them just haven't turned out the way I hoped. They might look great but the texture isn't quite right, they might end up shrinking too much, or they take a lot longer to cook then the recipe said. That being said, I decided to try these and just see how they turned out. No expectations or high hopes this time. And what do you know? They turned out even better then I imagined. 


Recipe l Banana And Oat Bites


RECIPE

You Will Need

- 80g Porridge Oats
- A cup of fruit puree. I used these Supervalu fruit pots and used a full pot for the recipe. I think the apple and pear one works best. 
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Method

- Preheat the oven to about Gas Mark 6.
- Pour the porridge oats in to the bowl.
- In another bowl mash up the bananas and then add them to the oats and mix well.
- Add the cinnamon and fruit puree and mix through combining everything well.
- On a greased baking tray spoon the mixture in to little individual piles. You should get about 15 with this mixture. Simply use a spoon to mould each little pile in to a flat circular shape, or whatever shape you prefer.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes. They will turn a golden brown colour, will retain a nice firm shape, and yet will also be soft inside. 

Recipes l Banana And Oat Bites Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Anonymous

0 komentar:

Post a Comment